Frequently Asked questions
How do i make an appointment?
Schedule online by clicking the "Schedule Now" button above.
- Telehealth appointments are available for clients in: Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, California, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, Texas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont and West Virginia.
- In-person appointments available by request in Beaverton, Oregon and Anchorage, Alaska.
- First appointments are always 60 minutes so we have enough time to get to know each other and come up with at least one actionable step you can take toward your health goals.
- If you are using insurance please check your benefits before scheduling.
- After scheduling please fill out all forms completely and accurately so the insurance billing process is as easy as possible, including uploading a photo of the front and back of your insurance card and photo ID. (This reduces your potential costs and well as mine)
- CANCELATION POLICY: Kindly cancel at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $50 late cancelation fee
- If you have any questions or would like to talk before scheduling please feel free to contact me! Or schedule a free 15-minute Discovery Call by clicking here.
How do I check my insurance benefits for nutrition coverage?
Most insurance plans cover both medical nutrition therapy and preventative nutrition counseling. To understand your benefits call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask these questions:
- What are my nutrition counseling benefits for CPT codes 97802 and 97803?
- Are telehealth visits covered?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits covered per year?
- Does it matter what I'm receiving nutrition counseling for?
- Do I need a physician referral or prior authorization?
- Will there be a co-pay, co-insurance or deductible that I need to meet?
What type of insurance do you take?
I am in-network with:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- (Aetna coming soon!)
What if my insurance doesn't cover it?
If your insurance doesn't cover nutrition services or I am out-of-network with your insurance company, cost of services are discounted and are due at the time of service (HSA/FSA eligible). I can provide you a Superbill to submit to your insurance for reimbursement but you will need to contact your insurance company for reimbursement rates.
- Cost for first appointment - $180
- Cost for 60 minute follow-up appointment - $130
- Cost for 30 minute follow-up appointment - $65
What if i need a physician referral?
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well." ~ Virginia Woolf